- Green Built Home (Wisconsin Environmental Initiative) 107 points, where a minimum of 50 are required. 2003
- Environmental Design + Construction Magazine's 2004 Excellence in Design Award 2004
- The Excellence in Design Award Winner of the Environmental Design + Construction Magazine 5th Place May 2004
- Energy Star Labeled and Certified Home -
Builder Option Packages and Guidelines
Life in the present technological age presents many challenges. This challenge can be enjoyable. However, shortages of time and congestion in space can begin to get us down. At that point environment becomes all important.
The home environment, whether a modern multi-story, a period cottage, or other variation of the human dwelling place, has a strong formative influence. Its scenery, climate, architecture and social pattern contribute to or detract from our sense of well-being and our human resources.
With such considerations in mind, the Fields Neighborhood has been launched as an attempt to create an atmosphere that provides an environment for the best possible support of the growth of the human spirit and its social capacities. In the forms and layout of the architecture we have tried to provide privacy on the one hand, and to promote meeting in harmony with one's neighbors on the other hand. The neighborhood consists of clustered condominiums on 17 acres of open land.
This sense of community was standard 30 years ago and is encouraged in the Fields Neighborhood again today. The Neighborhood also supports highly acclaimed innovations of green building techniques and water conservation through zero runoff design.
* The lot size as indicated above is zero due to the nature of condominiums. The homeowners own an undivided share of the land around the home in common with the other owners.