Who We Are
Homes Across America is a program of Peaks to Prairies Pollution Prevention Information Center. Peaks to Prairies is one of eight EPA-funded centers, collectively known as P2Rx.org and devoted to providing high-quality information to businesses interested in adopting pollution prevention practices.
Why do we think residential construction is unique from commercial building construction?
- Residential construction budgets are small
- Homes are designed as living spaces for people
- House systems are operated by untrained individuals
- Codes and requirements vary widely depending on locale
- Construction is often based on experience with less rigid plan
- Market is less stable; homes are often built on speculation
- Homeowner preference or builder initiative drives innovation
Peaks to Prairies is a proud member of P2Rx, the national network of regional P2 information centers - http://www.p2rx.org